Peel-and-eat shrimp is so easy to do in your Instant Pot®. I love shrimp, yes I do and I love Steamed Spiced shrimp all by themselves but most people ask...WHERE'S THE MEAT?! Add a veggie and you have a complete meal
Messy, but so worth the extra napkins!
1 cup beer- the cheaper the better
1 pound large raw shell-on shrimp, Fresh but Frozen will do
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Old Bay® seafood seasoning
¼ tsp coarse black pepper
¼ tsp celery seed
4 bay leaves
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Pour beer into your Instant Pot®.
Stir in shrimp, butter, and seasonings. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 2 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in parsley.
Remove bay leaves and transfer shrimp to a serving plate.
Yields 4 servings
Serve with minced or granulated Garlic or Old Bay® added to your melted butter if desired. Melt- Mix- Dip and....
So, what can you do with leftover peel and eat shrimp?... like there would be any...
2. Soba- Toss grilled shrimp with soba, Japan’s buckwheat noodles, and a garlicky, spicy sauce that’s both warming and energizing.
3. Pasta- For an easy, creamy pasta dish, toss fettuccine with mascarpone, spinach, and grilled shrimp; the mascarpone melts to form a sauce.
4. Fried rice- Add grilled shrimp to fried rice during the last minute of cooking.
5. Simple stew- Instead of stewing shrimp with sausage, you can just add grilled shrimp in at the end.
6. Grain salad- Toss grilled shrimp with Kamut an heirloom variety of wheat, green beans, and tarragon—or any combination of grains, vegetables, and herbs—for an easy salad. 7. Bean salad- Toss grilled shrimp with black-eyed peas, arugula, cherry tomatoes, and an herby dressing.
8. Tacos- Fold shrimp in tortillas with tomatillo salsa and a lime-dressed sliced celery salad for a refreshing take on tacos.
9. Tortas- Sandwich grilled shrimp with lettuce, tomato, and avocado on a Kaiser roll for a Mexican-style sandwich.
10. Summer rolls- For a Vietnamese-style starter, wrap grilled shrimp in rice paper with cellophane noodles, herbs, and carrots, and serve with a sweet and pungent dipping sauce.
11. ON PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!